Top 10 best selling cars in the UK 2017
It is very hard to predict what has happened in the last five years concerning the car market in the UK, as most cars that were in top 10 best selling cars in the UK of 2012 remain on the list where some have dropped from the list.
When I attended an event organised by Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) last week, I was inspired and decided to write this blog to show and to inspire others on one aspect of this challenging industry. The latest registration figures shows trends that we can trace for the last five years or beyond.
1. Ford Fiesta in five years has not moved position and we can only congratulate Ford Motors for this achievement.
2. Ford Focus has gone up one space from the third position back in 2012 replacing Vauxhall Corsa.
3. Nissan Qashqai has done very well moving up the list three places, taking the place held by Ford Focus five years ago.
4. Volkswagen Golf has moved up taking the place that Vauxhall Corsa held back in 2012, despite the 2015's emissions scandal.
5. Vauxhall Corsa on the other hand has dropped three places to replace Volkswagen Golf in its position of 2012.
6. Vauxhall Astra in turn has dropped two places to occupy a space once held by Nissan Qashqai five years ago.
7. Mercedes-Benz C-Class has done well too, coming up from ninth position into BMW 3 Series space of back in 2012.
8. Volkswagen Polo is still in the same position as it was back in 2012.
9. Mercedes-Benz A-Class is doing well as a newcomer in the top ten list, taking up the position once held by its sister C-Class in 2012.
10. Mini also deserves some credit on its performance to be featured on this list, in the position once held by the sister vehicle BMW 1 Series back in 2012.
Revisiting a top ten list of 2012 we realise that there are some cars not featuring on the 2017 list, like BMW 1 Series and 3 Series. The weak Vauxhall sales may be a result of GM Motors selling Vauxhall and Opel to PSA Motors back in March 2017, this possibly shaking customers' confidence. What's remarkable is that Volkswagen customers have proved to be loyal after emissions scandal, there is no doubt on their confidence in the brand. This year's list may change as soon as we start entering the third quarter of 2017, if you would like to read further on this subject you will also find this article interesting , please let us know your thoughts by comments below.